Indexing Tutorial by Daniel_Juve | Indexing Kits & Numbers/Fonts
[Imagen: cXtfmdi.png]

Hey guys, a lot of people ask me for kitmaking advice and indexing is a very important step for both kits and numbers/fonts.

But only a few kitmakers/editors know how to do it right, so I decided to create this thread with tutorials about kits and numbers/fonts indexing.

I'll divide this in full indexing method with alpha channels (best results) and a quick method for people who just want to change numbers/font coloring, for example, with acceptable results.

What will you need?

> OPTPiX iMageStudio (I use version 3.12a)
> Photoshop

[Imagen: 1V1TnIP.png]

Indexing
Kits Indexing
Numbers/Fonts Indexing
Quick Indexing
danieljuvekits.blogspot.com
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
★★★
Responder
[Imagen: LMhzzWc.png]

First of all, why index files?

Index will make your file lighter and more compatible with PES6, so it's about performance, and also working easily with transparencies.

This can be used for any other file for PES that you wanna import into .bin files.

And this is how you do it.

1 - First of all, you need to configure OPTPiX correctly, otherwise you'll not have good results.

Go to Options > Color Reduction Setting and configure the tabs like I have mine configured:

Mostrar Contenido

2 - Now import the file you wanna index into OPTPiX, right click on it and click on "Color Reduction" (or CTRL+R).

3 - In the "Output" tab, select the option for what you are working with:

> 256 colors (8 bit) | FOR KITS
> 16 colors | FOR NUMBERS/FONTS

4 - Click on "Color Reduction" and when the process finishes, click on "Finish". It will create a new file with the colors palette on the side.

5 - Close the old one (without the palette) and save the new one as PNG (default saving options).

6 - Done!

De-indexing

This might be very useful too, specially for people who just want to change numbers/fonts coloring.
(if it's the case, remember to index it again after you edit the colors)

Here is how to reverse the indexing process for any files.

1- Import file to OPTPiX
2- Now go to Image > Direct Color Image Conversion (this will un-index the file, making it a normal PNG again maintaining the transparencies).
3 - Save the new file as PNG.
4 - Done!
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life."
★★★
Responder
[Imagen: kZy9WPe.png]

This is the full method with alpha channels, and will give you the best result.

Before you start, in order to have alpha channels, you must have a layer with all the transparencies you want the kit to have in the final version. Like this:

Mostrar Contenido

Notice that the color of this layer is not important, so use whatever you want.

I like using a color similar to the player's skin so I can test the kit as png and see how the transparency will look like while I create and work on the kit.

1 - Hold CTRL and click on the transparencies layer on the layers list, this will select it's pieces.

Mostrar Contenido

2 - Go to the "Channels" tab and create a new channel:

Mostrar Contenido

3 - It will create a black layer, click CTRL + i to insert the transparencies as white in the black background.

Mostrar Contenido

4 - Deselect the whole image, so you can CTRL + i once again to invert the whole channel colors.

The black colored stuff here will be cut of later, so they are the transparencies.

Mostrar Contenido

5 - Go back do the layers tab and deselect the transparencies layer before you export the file.

IMPORT: This is what will make sure the transparencies have nice cut endings later, so always remember to deselect the transparencies layer.

Mostrar Contenido

6 - Export the file as .TIFF, and use these saving options:

Select "As a Copy" and "Alpha Channels".

Deselect "Layers", as you don't need it and it will make the file lighter.

7 - Open OPTPiX and index the file, if you did everything correctly, this time it will have transparencies (alpha channels) within it.

You can right click the file and click on "Display Alpha Channel" to see the transparencies before you index it.

8 - Done.
★★★
Responder
[Imagen: QNjtGuw.png]

The process is the same for numbers or fonts, so just follow the same steps for both.

With the file opened in Photoshop:

1 - Hold CTRL and click on the numbers layer on the layers list, this will select it's pieces.

Mostrar Contenido

2 - Go to the "Channels" tab and create a new channel:

Mostrar Contenido

3 - It will create a black layer, click CTRL + i to insert the transparencies as white in the black background.

Mostrar Contenido

5 - Deselect it and go back to the Layers tab.

6 - Now that we have the alpha channel, create a solid background for using the exact same color as the numbers/fonts color (or boarder if it's the case). This will make sure the cut endings will look good, avoiding white outlines and all that.

Mostrar Contenido

7 - Export the file as .TIFF, and saving options:

Select "As a Copy" and "Alpha Channels".

Deselect "Layers", as you don't need it and it will make the file lighter.

8 - Open OPTPix and index the file, if you did everything correctly, this time it will have transparencies (alpha channels) within it.

You can right click the file and click on "Display Alpha Channel" to see the transparencies before you index it.

9 - Done.
★★★
Responder
[Imagen: CNKhfFq.png]

A quick method can be done by just using the regular indexing process for kits and numbers/fonts. It will not have the alpha channel, so in this case you must leave the background or transparency areas as blank (completely transparent), as the file will be exported as a normal png.

The result will not be as good, the transparencies might end up with white outlines and other little imperfections, but it's useful for changing numbers/fonts coloring quickly, for example.

Most people will not have the patience or editing skills for the full methods with alpha channel, so that's why I'm adding the quick method here.
★★★
Responder
reserved
★★★
Responder
Perfect :149:

Thanks & greetings friend :123:
★★★★★★★
Responder
Superb!! This will be really useful for those who really WANT TO LEARN how to edit some kit-related stuff
Responder
Gracias Daniel, me servirá de mucho!!
Responder
Excelente Daniel!!!! :149:
Shoot KitMaker & BallMaker PES 6 © | Administrador Foro PES Retro
shootkitmaker.blogspot.com | facebook.com/ShootKitMaker | foro.pesretro.net
Mis topics de: Kits & Gloves | Balls
Responder

Salto de foro:

Usuarios navegando en este tema: 1 invitado(s)